Because more boaters are enjoying Southwest Florida waters than ever before, it’s essential that all boaters are familiar with the basics required for a safe and enjoyable experience—no matter how new or seasoned the captain.
- What are the differences in wake zones?
- What do all those lights, markers, and buoys mean?
- How should I pass or approach another vessel?
- Where is it safe to run my boat?
- What’s the best way to tie up my boat?
- What kind of gear should I have on board?
- What’s the deal with different types of life jackets (PFDs)?
- What are the basics of being a safe and courteous boater?
Get answers to all these questions and more at the all-new Be In The Know Zone presented by Go Boating Florida. Stop by the exhibit located in the Caloosa Sound Convention Center to talk with experienced boaters and pick up a free reference guide to keep on your boat. The interactive boating information center also features The Coastal Angler Magazine Fishing Seminars and the GoBoatingFlorida.com Boating Basics Seminars, plus displays from local law enforcement and several other boating organizations who are ready to help you enjoy your time on the water.