Because more boaters are enjoying Southwest Florida waters than ever before, it’s essential that all boaters are familiar with the basics required for a safe and enjoyable experience—no matter how new or seasoned the captain.
- What are the differences in wake zones?
- What do all those lights, markers, and buoys mean?
- How should I pass or approach another vessel?
- Where is it safe to run my boat?
- What’s the best way to tie up my boat?
- What kind of gear should I have on board?
- What’s the deal with different types of life jackets (PFDs)?
- What are the basics of being a safe and courteous boater?
Get answers to all these questions and more at the all-new Be In The Know Zone presented by Go Boating Florida. Stop by to talk with experienced boaters and pick up a free reference guide to keep on your boat. Take advantage of the chance to talk boating with members of three area Coast Guard Auxiliaries, Peace River Sail & Power Squadron, and the Florida Dept. of Environmental Protection.